“Never wish them pain. That’s not who you are. If they caused you pain, they must have pain inside. Wish them healing. That’s what they need.” — @najwazebian (insta: @thegoodquote)
- This touched me because it’s something that I am trying to do right now. To be honest with you, it’s so easy to just wish someone who hurt me to suffer. I think to myself, he/she hurt me, so he/she deserves this or that for what he/she did. But I keep reminding myself that I shouldn’t think that, that I should stay out of it and let God handle it because once I do something, it could probably start a big drama/conflict and I don’t want that. People tend to hurt other people because they are also in pain, and us seeking for revenge is not going to fix anything.
“The most important relationship you will ever have is with yourself.” — Cwote (insta: @thegoodquote)
- This is so accurate. I never realized it until a few months after I went through depression. There’s a saying “You can’t love anyone if you don’t love yourself first.” This kind of relates to the first quote because when we are hurt, we tend to want to hurt other people, so it makes sense how we cannot love someone else if we don’t love ourself first. So our relationship with ourself is really more important than any of the ones we form with others.
“Just be a good person genuinely and the universe will open her arms to you.” –Malanda (insta: @thegoodquote)
- Another word for this is Patience. Stop finding for things, people or moments. Just be you and the rest will come. I always think this everyday, especially when I feel pressured by people around me about me needing to find something or someone in my life.
“I still catch myself feeling sad about things that don’t matter anymore.” — Kurt Vonnegut (Pinterest)
- Honestly, no matter how I try so hard to always think positive, sometimes I just think about the past and I feel all sad again. I don’t know if I’ll ever get rid of that habit. Do any of you feel that way? Like, everything is going fine in your daily life and you haven’t had any bad thoughts in a while, but then suddenly you just start thinking about something that once made you sad and it still affects you to this day?
“Let the whiskey swallow you whole, let the mushrooms mix your soul. Let the acid burn your tongue, as you watch the rising sun.” — Atticus (Pinterest)
- I could probably be mistaken by the meaning of this quote, but I interpret it as going through pain, but it’s all worth it because the light is so near, meaning we can see our goal at the other end and it just makes things easier in a way. For some reason, this really motivates me.
These are the quotes that affected me in different ways these past weeks. Thank you for reading.